Watch this sequence from the movie Drive (USA: Crime, Drama)
- List the shot types used and suggest what connotations they create.
- How does the mise-en-scene establish character roles?
- What is the significance of the low-key lighting in this scene?
Now watch the opening credits and answer the following questions:
- What do the lyrics of the song ‘Nightcall’ by Kavinsky tell us about the main character (protagonist played by Gosling)?
- How do elements of the Mise-en-scene (CLAMPS) establish Gosling’s character furthermore?