Task 1: What ‘D’ is the term used to describe media audiences?
Task 2: These audience groups can be broken down into the following categories:
Task 3: The 7 Main areas of representation are…
Task 4: Key terms and Theories. Fill in the gaps.
Task 5: From the article The Gender Politics of Survival: The Walking Dead and The Hunger Games – Sophie Stringfellow (2013),
Give 3 key points made about representations of gender in TWD.
Task 6: Watch this clip from TWD S1E2 “Tell it to the Frogs” and answer the following questions.
- What is being represented?
- How is it being represented?
- Who is responsible for the representation?
- How can the representation be interpreted? (Responses/Positioning)
Task 7: Watch the following extract and answer the question below.
Task 8: Create a character for a new TV Drama: You may wish to draw and annotate your character. If not simply bullet point their attributes.
How will you construct the character?
Use the following headings to formulate your ideas:
- Description of appearance.
- Character Traits
- Genre of TV Drama (e.g. Hospital, crime, horror)
- Role within the narrative
- Audience Response (Hall)/ How will you make the audience identify with the character?
- Challenge task: briefly compare your character to an existing character from a TV Drama of your choice (2 Paragraphs)
Add this to the PowerPoint you made last Thursday.