Read these instructions VERY carefully!
First you should…
Download the PowerPoints by clicking on the links below..
Learning Outcomes: Produce:
- A Glossary of KEY TERMS and DEFINITIONS
- A PowerPoint Presentation which summarises the PRODUCTION of Skyfall and Shifty.
Task 1: PRODUCTION PPT: Read slides 24 – 27. Complete the activity on slides 26 – 27. You were set this last week to complete for HW!
Task 2: PRODUCTION PPT: Read through slides 28 – 32. Add the key terms (NEW MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES, MEDIA CONVERGENCE, TECHNOLOGICAL CONVERGENCE, SYNERGY and CROSS MEDIA CONVERGENCE) and their definitions to your glossary.
Task 3: PRODUCTION PPT: Complete the Research Task on Slide 33.
Task 4: PRODUCTION PPT: Read through Slides 34 – 38. Add the key terms (MEDIA OWNERSHIP, HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL INTERGRATION, PIRACY & MARKETING) and their definitions to your glossary.
Task 5: CASE STUDY 1: Skyfall – Download the SKYFALL PowerPoint from the blog. Read and summarise slides 26 – 48 of your Skyfall PPT.
You should be able to recognise and identify examples of all the key terms and phrases and note them on your blog.
Task 6: CASE STUDY 2: Shifty
PRODUCTION PPT: Read and summarise slides 41 – 51 as well as any KEY TERMS.
Task 7: Final Task: Make a Revision PPT for Skyfall and Shifty and upload it to your blog.
Summarise your findings under the following subheadings
- Who is responsible for production (companies, names, style of company etc.)?
- Type of institution (in line with the BFI categories)
- Money (funding, budget, overall expenditure, predicted revenue and revenue)
- Filming (how is it filmed in today’s ever changing media – cameras/ film reel/ HD, DV)
- Type of story (is it typical to the production company, what type of genre, does it fulfil a real representation of Britain?)
- Stars (celebrity, typical to that company)
- Directors (well known, unknown, style)
HOMEWORK: If you fail to complete the tasks in the lesson you MUST complete them as part of your ISP.
COURSEWORK DEADLINE: Your Coursework must be finished and uploaded by 4pm on Monday 3rd April 2017. This deadline is final and non-negotiable. You will receive a preliminary grade after the Easter break.